HAVS diagnosis costs company

A Lancashire engineering company has been fined after a 29-year-old worker was diagnosed with hand-arm vibration syndrome (HAVS) through health surveillance after he was exposed regularly to vibration from hand

Share
Lack of training, supervision and proper equipment resulted in a six metre fall

A food manufacturing company has been fined after a worker fell six metres from the back of a fork lift truck whilst painting guttering and drainpipes during 2013. The employee

Share
Raising awareness of lung cancer

To mark World Lung Cancer Day on the 1st August, The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) encouraged businesses to use its free ‘No Time to Lose’ campaign materials

Share
Employers falling short on safety

A recent survey has found that a quarter of employees working in hazardous job roles believe their employers aren’t doing enough to protect their health and keep them safe at

Share