IMPORTANT: Furlough Update
This update is subject to the release of the official government guidance on 12th June but it contains important information for employers which we believe will form part of this guidance following the release of an official Factsheet.
The Factsheet can be viewed here (Page 2).
The key points for employers are:
- The furlough scheme will close to new entrants from 30 June 2020.
- Employers will only be able to furlough employees that they have furloughed for a full three-week period prior to 30th Employees who have been previously furloughed for three weeks but who are not on furlough leave in the three-week period from 10th-30th might not be eligible for furlough after 1st July. We await further guidance on this specific point however as above, this isn’t expected until 12th June, which is after the 10th June ‘cut-off’.
- From 1 July claim periods will no longer be able to overlap months, employers who previously submitted claims with periods that overlapped calendar months will no longer be able to do this going forward.
- The number of employees an employer can claim for in any claim period cannot exceed the maximum number they have claimed for under any previous claim under the current CJRS.
- Employers can continue to make claims in anticipation of an imminent payroll run, at the point payroll is run or after payroll has been run.
- For part time return from furlough, employers will be required to submit data on the usual hours an employee would be expected to work in a claim period and the actual hours worked.
If you have any questions about this latest information, please contact a member of the Employment Team on 01274 864999.